A balanced professional blend of 90 scientists, 60 technical and administrative staff members, and over 150 Israeli and foreign research students, have the capacity to perform basic and applied research related to “Desert Sciences”.
Activities cover basic research in:
- Environmental physics, with applications in desert meteorology and solar energy.
- Water sciences and technology, with applications in water resource management, wastewater treatment and bioremediation.
- Ecology, with applications in conservation biology and environmental protection.
- Plant and animal physiology, with applications in desert agriculture, livestock, and aquaculture.
- Cellular and molecular biology, with applications in desert biotechnologies and biodegradation of environmental pollutions.
- Social sciences and architecture, with applications in regional planning and human habitat design in drylands.
Sede Boqer Campus
Prof. Pedro Berliner, Director